The Board Certified Physicians of The Vascular Experts
For over a decade, The Vascular Experts has been dedicated to providing comprehensive vascular care to patients in Southern Connecticut and New York. All our surgeons are Board Certified and have been trained in the latest endovascular procedures at well-known accredited academic centers. They continue to pursue their medical education to increase our community’s access to the highest level of vascular care.
- Marsel Huribal, MD, FACS – Dr. Huribal is a specialist in endovascular repair of aortic and thoracic aneurysms. He is one of the first vascular surgeons in Connecticut to perform the endovenous ablation, or closure, of varicose veins offering in-patient relief to patients suffering from painful leg varicosities. Dr. Huribal is fluent in Turkish and Arabic.
- Ben U. Marsan, MD – Dr. Marsan specializes in lower extremity revascularization, aortic aneurysms and carotid disease using endovascular techniques and open procedures as well as thrombolysis for acute deep venous thrombosis and venous closure for painful varicosities.
- Timothy M. Manoni, MD, FACS – Dr. Manoni helped develop an endovascular program for the hospital, transitioning from traditional, open vascular surgical procedures to minimally invasive endovascular procedures. Dr. Manoni is focused on aggressive treatments for deep venous disease.
- Taras V. Kucher, MD – Dr. Kucher specializes in minimally invasive procedures and methods of treating aneurysmal and occlusive disease of the arteries as well as varicose vein disease. He is also fluent in Russian and Ukrainian languages.
- Paul J. Gagne, MD, FACS, RVT – Dr. Gagne is a specialist in vascular and endovascular treatments for arterial and venous disease, as well as endovenous repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, treatment of carotid disease and venous disease including varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis and chronic ulcers, and peripheral artery disease.
- Jaime S. Strachan, MD, FACS – Dr. Strachan specializes in vascular and endovascular techniques for the treatment of arterial and venous disease as well as the treatment of PVD (peripheral vascular disease), PAD (peripheral artery disease), varicose veins, aneurysms and dialysis access. He is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Stephen M. Bauer, MD, FACS – Dr. Bauer is well known as an expert in minimally invasive endovascular techniques used to treat aortic aneurysmal disease, peripheral arterial disease, varicose veins, and the medical management of patients with vascular conditions.
- Michael A. Sergi, MD – Dr. Sergi applies an evidence-based multidisciplinary approach and therapy to treat many vascular diseases: abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms, lower extremity occlusive disease, carotid artery disease, varicose veins and hemodialysis access interventions.
- Bart E. Muhs, MD, PhD, FACS – Dr. Muhs is an internationally respected vascular surgeon who brings a wealth of vascular knowledge and experience to The Vascular Experts. Prior to joining The Vascular Experts in 2014, Dr. Muhs was the Co-Director of Endovascular Surgery and the Clinical Director of Vascular Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine.
- Jonathan N. Bowman, MD, FACS – Dr. Bowman joined SCVC in 2012. He specializes in minimally invasive endovascular treatment of arterial and venous disease including peripheral arterial disease, abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms, acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis, carotid artery disease, hemodialysis access, and varicose veins.
- Kaveh Shahmohammadi, MD – Dr. Shahmohammadi joined SCVC in 2013 and specializes in in endovascular and open management of peripheral arterial disease, carotid disease as well as aortoiliac occlusive and aneurysmal disease.
- Lee J. Goldstein, MD, FACS, CWS – Dr. Lee J. Goldstein specializes in treating carotid disease, abdominal aneurysms (including both open surgery and complex endovascular repair), and both superficial and deep venous disorders. He is also a certified wound specialist.
- Brittny Williams Howell, MD, RPVI – Dr Brittny Williams Howell joined SCVC in 2014 where she uses her expert experience in the treatment of peripheral arterial disease, carotid artery disease, aortic disease, and venous disease including varicose veins and thrombosis.
- John A. Pietropaoli Jr., MD, FACS, RPVI – Dr. Pietropaoli comes to The Vascular Experts with 20 years of practice experience in vascular and endovascular surgery.
- Jeffrey M. Ranaudo, MD – Dr. Ranaudo joined The Vascular Experts in 2015 and focuses on treatment of peripheral vascular disease using up-to-date minimally-invasive endovascular techniques, aortic disease, arteriovenous access for patients requiring dialysis, and venous pathology, including treatment of deep vein thrombosis.
- Brian J. Kelly, MD – Dr. Kelly treats a full spectrum of vascular disease. His interests include aortic disease, carotid disease, peripheral arterial disease, and venous disease.
- Richard C. Hsu, MD, PhD, FACS, RPVI – Dr Hsu is a Board certified general and vascular surgeon who joined The Vascular Experts in 2016. Previously he served as Medical Director of Endovascular Surgery at Danbury Hospital and Associate Director of the Danbury Surgery Residency.
- Stratton G. Danes, MD – Dr Danes is a Board-certified vascular surgeon with vast endovascular and open surgical experience. Dr. Danes specializes in critical limb salvage, aortic aneurysm repair, venous disease, and carotid interventions.
- Harry Ma, MD, PhD – Dr. Ma is a Board-certified general and vascular surgeon who joined the Vascular Experts in 2016. Dr. Ma specializes in the care and surgical management of peripheral artery disease (PAD), cerebral vascular disease, aortic aneurysms, varicose veins and venous insufficiency, as well as hemodialysis access.
- Sae J. Hahm, MD – Dr. Hahm is a Board-certified general and vascular surgeon who joined The Vascular Experts in 2016. Dr. Hahm has extensive knowledge in the evaluation and treatment of peripheral vascular disease, including carotid artery disease, abdominal aortic aneurysms, peripheral arterial disease, dialysis access surgery, venous disease, acute limb ischemia, limb salvage, varicose veins, and ultrasonography.
The Board Certified Physician Assistants of The Vascular Experts
- Ann-Marie Williams, PA-C – Ann-Marie Williams, PA-C is a Board Certified Physician Assistant since 2004 graduating from St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Centers of New York.
- Janine Tedesco MHS, PA-C – Janine Tedesco MHS, PA-C is a board certified Physician Assistant since 2006, graduating from Weill Cornell Medical College’s Physician Assistant and Masters of Science Program.
- Timothy C. Stewart, PA-C – Timothy C. Stewart, PA-C is a native of New Zealand and is a current member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants. Tim has been a part of The Vascular Experts team since 2017. He attended the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, where he obtained his Master of Physician Assistant Practice, and completed a Surgical residency at Norwalk Hospital located in Norwalk, CT through the Yale School of Medicine. He brings numerous years of both vascular and surgical clinical experience to patients at The Vascular Experts.
- Nicole L. Mills, DNP, APRN – Nicole L. Mills, DNP, APRN is a Board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner since 2016, graduating from Quinnipiac University with her Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
We believe in serving our patients and we readily accept the responsibilities and challenge they and their referring physicians entrust us with for all their vascular diagnostics and treatments.