Dr. Gagne joined The Vascular Experts in 2007. Previously, Dr. Gagne had been a member of New York University’s Vascular Associates and New York University’s Hospitals Center where Dr. Gagne served as Director of the Vascular Research Laboratory. Prior to that Dr. Gagne served in the U.S. Navy as both a general and vascular surgeon. Dr. Gagne specializes in vascular and endovascular techniques for the treatment of arterial and venous disease and is involved in a number of clinical trials.
On March 26, 2013, Dr. Gagne become the first surgeon in the State of Connecticut to implant a drug-eluting stent to reopen a blocked artery in the thigh of a person with peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
Dr. Gagne’s particular areas of interest include the endovenous repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, treatment of carotid disease and venous disease including varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis and chronic ulcers, and peripheral artery disease.
- Stamford Hospital
- Greenwich Hospital
- Norwalk Hospital- Head of Vascular Surgery
- Medical Education – New York University School of Medicine
- Residency – New York University School of Medicine
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgery – Distinguished Fellow
- NYU – Associate Professor of Surgery
- Society of University Surgeons
- Eastern Vascular Society
- Peripheral Vascular Society
- American Venous Forum
- The Military Vascular Surgery Society
- New York Vascular Society
- Society of Vascular Technologists
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- American Venous Forum Best Paper Award
Dr.Paul J. Gagne is currently accepting new patients at The Vascular Experts’ office in Darien.