Richard C. Hsu is a Board certified general and vascular surgeon who joined The Vascular Experts in 2016.
Dr. Hsu’s academic credentials include a PhD in Neuroscience from Yale University, surgical training at Stanford and Harvard Universities, and research positions at the National Institutes of Health and the John Hopkins University School of Medicine. He served as the Medical Director of Endovascular Surgery at Danbury Hospital and Associate Director of the Danbury Surgery Residency. His areas of interest include open and endovascular management of complex arterial aneurysms, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, extracranial cerebrovascular disease, venous occlusive disease, and venous hypertension. Dr. Hsu is recognized as a leader in the management of median arcuate ligament syndrome.
Complementing his academic background, Dr. Hsu is known for the rapport he establishes with his patients and providers. His meticulous attention to detail while providing clear, concise information is evident is his patient reviews and testimonials.
- Medical Education – Yale University School of Medicine
- PhD in Neuroscience from Yale University
- Surgery Residency – Stanford Hospitals and Clinics
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University School of Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Associate Program Director, Danbury Surgery Residency
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Teacher of the year, Danbury Surgery Residency
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery