Megan Metheny is a board-certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, graduating from Quinnipiac University with a Master of Science in Nursing. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, Connecticut.
Prior to joining The Vascular Experts in 2019, Megan served as a critical care Registered Nurse at Yale-New Haven Hospital in the Surgical – Trauma Intensive Care Unit and at the University of Miami Hospital in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. She treated critical patients, interpreted and monitored hemodynamics, titrated vasoactive medications, assisted in the placement of invasive cardiac monitoring devices and helped with ventilator management.
- Undergraduate Education – University of Saint Joseph: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Biology Minor
- Medical Education – Quinnipiac University: Master of Science in Nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Basic Life Support/CPR
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Marna Borgstrom & Peter N. Herbert MD Advanced Nursing Education Scholarship Recipient
- P.E.A.C.E. Award Recipient – Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, Recipient
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Connecticut Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Society
- National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners