Susan McKenna is Board-certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner, graduating from Fairfield University with her Doctorate of Nursing Practice. She is a local Connecticut resident and is a current member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and Connecticut APRN Society. She completed her undergraduate studies at University of Saint Joseph. She is currently licensed and in good standing with the State of Connecticut as an APRN.
She began her career at Hartford Hospital as a Registered Nurse in Thoracic Vascular Surgery. She transitioned to private practice and worked for several years in the specialty of gastroenterology. She briefly worked in the area of in-home care, long-term care and sub-acute rehab before joining The Vascular Experts, bringing more than ten years of nursing experience with her to the practice.
- Undergraduate Education – University of Saint Joseph: Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Biology Minor
- Graduate Education – Fairfield University: Master of Science Nursing; Doctorate of Nursing
- Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certified: ANCC
- Registered Nurse: Connecticut Department of Public Health
- American Heart Association: Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Occupational Safety and Health Administration Certification
Quality Improvement Research Study
Improving Perceptions and Attitudes Toward Home Telemetry Monitoring in Patients with Implantable Cardiac Devices Using Shared Decision
- Conducted quality improvement research study at a large cardiology office; pertaining to patient perceptions and attitudes towards home telemetry monitoring for his/her implanted electronic cardiac device to increase compliance.
- Research results chosen for presentation at the annual meeting of the American College of Cardiology Connecticut Chapter.
- Awarded second place at the Connecticut Chapter of American College of Cardiology annual meeting for the original research category.
- Member of National Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Connecticut APRN Society