John A. Pietropaoli Jr., MD, FACS, RPVI joined The Vascular Experts in 2015, bringing 20 years of practice experience in vascular and endovascular surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM) in venous surgery and he is Board-certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS) in both vascular surgery and general surgery.
Dr. Pietropaoli has an extensive military background and served with the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force (1-MEF) as a battalion surgeon based out of Camp Pendleton, CA. Subsequently, Dr. Pietropaoli was the Director of the non-invasive vascular laboratory at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Pietropaoli also served as a vascular surgeon aboard the United States hospital ship USNS Comfort.
He has authored and co-authored multiple original research papers that were published in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals and he has earned the Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) Certification.
Dr. Pietropaoli has a special interest in minimally invasive, catheter-based, often referred to as “endovascular,” arterial and venous reconstructions, and has performed several thousand minimally invasive procedures for both varicose vein disease and peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
- Manchester Hospital
- Middlesex Hospital
- Rockville Hospital
- Undergraduate – The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA: Graduated with Honors
- Medical Education – The University of Rochester
- Residency – Medical Center Hospital of Vermont
- Mayo Clinic
- American College of Surgeons
- The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences – Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha (The Medical Honor Society)
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgical Society
- Military Vascular Society
- American Venous Forum