Maria E. Litzendorf, M.D.
Board-certified General and Vascular Surgeon
Maria Litzendorf, MD, is a board-certified vascular surgeon. Prior to joining The Vascular Experts, she was a vascular surgeon at MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute. She trained in the treatment of both arterial and venous diseases and has a specific interest in venous pathology and in limb salvage.
Dr. Litzendorf received her medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School. She then completed a general surgery residency at Boston University Medical Center followed by a vascular surgery fellowship at The Ohio State University Medical Center.
Dr. Litzendorf has extensive experience in both cosmetic and non-cosmetic vein procedures. In addition, she has a background in wound care and diabetic foot care. She previously helped establish a limb salvage center and now strives to use the newest endovascular techniques available in the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD). Dr. Litzendorf has published several book chapters and articles in popular peer-reviewed medical journals.
Dr. Litzendorf says her philosophy of care is “to build long-term relationships with my patients and to deliver high quality, compassionate care. To be able to do that, a big part of my practice involves listening. It is important to me that my patients feel that I deliver care in a thoughtful way, and that they have faith in me to do what is best for them.”
- Manchester Hospital
- Bristol Hospital
- Undergraduate – College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Medical Education – Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Residency – Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
- The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Boston University Medical Center – Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Society of Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society