Bart E. Muhs, MD, PhD, FACS is a Board Certified, internationally respected vascular surgeon who brings a wealth of vascular knowledge and experience to The Vascular Experts.
Prior to joining The Vascular Experts in 2014, Dr. Muhs was the Co-Director of Endovascular Surgery and the Clinical Director of Vascular Surgery at Yale University School of Medicine.
Dr. Muhs has an international reputation for quality. He serves on the Editorial Board of Endovascular Today and is the Associate Editor of the Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Therapy and the journal Aorta. Dr. Muhs is a frequent lecturer and proctor around the world having given invited lectures and performing surgery in over fifteen different countries.
Dr. Muhs has lived in coastal Connecticut with his wife and two daughters since 2008. He has quickly established himself as one of the leading vascular physicians in the area, performing more endovascular aortic repairs than any other regional physician. He has served as the lead investigator on numerous clinical trials, evaluating new devices and techniques for the treatment of vascular problems. Dr. Muhs was the first physician in Connecticut to perform advanced aortic fenestrated repairs and aortic repairs without incisions. His overarching drive has been to deliver less invasive, better quality and more effective care with a relentless drive to avoid open surgery. Dr. Muhs remains on the leading edge of the endovascular revolution in vascular surgery.
- Middlesex Hospital
- Undergraduate Education – Illinois Wesleyan University : Bachelor of Science majoring in both Chemistry and Biology; graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Medical Education – University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine: graduated Alpha Omega Alpha
- Residency – New York University: General Surgery
- Completed his doctoral dissertation on endovascular dynamics of the aorta and its side branches at Utrecht University in 2007.
- New York University – Vascular Surgery
- Selected by the Society for Vascular Surgery as one of only two American vascular surgeons to receive specialized endovascular training in The Netherlands as the prestigious Marco Polo Fellow.
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Receipt of the Fulbright Award in 2006 to establish a vascular surgery training program in Cameroon, Africa.